In my last two posts I wrote about how Formby is busy at this time of the year with events. This weekend is no exception, there's a lot happening. In no order of importance, here's a list of those events I know about:
- China Butterfly open their new venture in the heart of the village. Earlier this week they Tweeted:
"Sarah@ChinaButterfly ..Oooh check us out on the front page of the @FormbyTimes this week, all about the opening of our new studio in @FormbyVillageThanks guys :0)"
- Formby Craft Fair Local Crafters will be offering a wonderful range of quality handmade goods at sensible prices, as well as craft ideas for children. Just in time for the coming schools holidays !
Stalls will include handmade cards, jewellery, cupcakes and preserves. Crafters will also be selling floral arrangements, soaps, leather, ceramic, knitted and wood crafted items.
Open from 10.00am - 2.30pm.
- Diabetes Charity Fun Day (Duke Street Park, Formby) 14 & 15 July, all day
A family fun weekend on the park featuring Silcocks Fun Fair. All funds raised with go the local Diabetes Charity.
- Formby Garden Trail On Sunday 15 Beautiful gardens and allotments to view, with lovely plants to buy. A cream tea- courtesy of Formby Waitrose - at the Luncheon Club, Rosemary Lane, Formby. Programme and tickets from Formby Garden Centre, Cable Street; Formby Bookshop in Derbyshires and 873286 or 875132 or on the day in the Luncheon Club, price £5, children free. All proceeds in aid of the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital Family Room Appeal, (Charity No. 1052813)
- Street Games, at 18.00 hours in Duke Street Park, L37 4AN (Source Sefton MBC website)
- The Annual Formby Show: The venue is St.Jeromes Parish Centre , Geenloons Drive , FORMBY , L37 2LX,
- Prehistoric Footprint Walk: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 The walk starts at 1,30pm, meet at the notice boards, opposite the toilets at National Trust, Victoria Road, Formb
- Formby Edible Gardens Project This is the first official time that the garden is open, this is a project in which I have a personal interest. Come and meet the smal team involved. For more information follow the link edibleformby.org.uk
I'm hoping to visit all of these events, let's hope the weather is encouraging.