A public consultation is currently taking place until 15 September 2017 on proposals for a single Orthopaedics service for Liverpool’s hospitals.
Under the proposed changes, most planned procedures such as hip and knee replacements would take place at Broadgreen, while most unplanned procedures would take place at Aintree, which is already the Major Trauma Centre for Cheshire and Merseyside.
These changes would mean that some operations would take place in a different place to where they do currently.
Local orthopaedic doctors believe that this would improve patient care, giving all patients better access to the right doctors for their specific need, and helping meet higher clinical standards.
The consultation is being led by NHS Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), working with neighbouring CCGs, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
How Sefton residents can find out more and get involved:
• Read an accompanying information leaflet for more details about the proposals
• Visit www.healthyliverpool.nhs.uk to share your views online and to find out more
• Call 0151 296 7537 to ask for printed materials
• Facebook at: facebook.com/healthylvpool
• Twitter at: twitter.com/healthylvpool
Communications and Engagement team
NHS South Sefton CCG and NHS Southport and Formby CCG