Formby Blog Forum Comment Policy
I want you to feel at home when you post a comment. For want everyone to feel at home posting comments here. I know how I expect people to behave when they meet me. That’s why I reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here civil and substantive.
No. 1 house rule is simple: Don’t be rude.
Want to be the kind of commenter we’d all enjoy a drink with at our local pub. Here’s what your comments should be like:
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the story.
- Give useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let m know and I will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humour you possess.
- Don’t feed the trolls. You wouldn’t dive into a debate with our ill-informed, weird uncle Gary just for the heck of it. And you definitely wouldn’t feed him. (We told you he was weird.) Downvote and flag comments instead.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments I’m going to do my best to prevent:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog.
- Impersonating authors or other commenters.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article.
- Comments that are clearly irrelevant to the topic.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia.